Healthy Mind, Healthy Me

If you're feeling worried or anxious you can always talk to a teacher at Pear Tree Primary school, but if you'd like to talk to someone else about a problem or worry you can also call Childline on the telephone using the number: 0800 1111 or on their website: by clicking on the Get Support button at the top of the page.

How can talking to an adult help?

Talking with somebody else about your problems helps you look at things differently. Other people have new ideas about how to cope or will help change things in your life that are worrying you. Also, by saying what is on your mind out loud can help too, and sharing it with somebody else will make you feel like you're not alone.

Who can I talk too?

If you want to ask somebody for help, it should be somebody you trust and feel safe with. This can be somebody who has helped you before or someone such as:

  • Parent, carer or other family member
  • Friend's parent or carer
  • Neighbour
  • Teacher or other member of staff at school
  • Doctor or counsellor

A counsellor can be reached by speaking to Childline on the link above.

How to start a conversation

If you're not sure how to start a conversation with another person about something that is worrying you, here are some examples from Childline:

I want to tell you something but I don't know how.

This is hard for me to say, but I have something important to tell you.

I need some advice on something I'm stressed about.

Other useful links

"Pear Tree School - Being our Best Selves..."

Do get in touch...

Please leave your name and email below along with message and please submit to us. Thank you.